Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a set of business applications that helps organizations manage their customer relations, financial operations, and supply chain. It is a cloud-based service and it integrates with other Microsoft tools such as Office 365 and Power BI.
Add Your Heading Text Here
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 used for?
Is Dynamics 365 an ERP or CRM?
What are the main features of Microsoft Dynamics 365?
- Integration:MS Dynamics 365 has seamless integration with other Microsoft tools. There is also the AppSource which is a growing marketplace for apps and solutions that you can pair with MS Dynamics 365. In AppSource you can find third-party software like CTI tools, email automation solutions, and time management apps.
- Flexibility: MS Dynamics 365 flexibility allows you to tailor the tool depending on your specific needs. It allows you to add capabilities if needed, plus it has customization tools that can be used in introducing new fields or objects in the system.
- Data Consolidation: The usual goal of most companies that implement an ERP system is data consolidation. And this is one of the strengths of MS Dynamics 365. It centralizes your data by integrating a lot of important applications for a business. It also minimizes barriers between teams and departments which, in turn, lets you put your data to good use.
- Lead and Opportunity Management: This lets you collect, analyze, and nurture your leads and quality to Opportunities. Can track all your Opportunities and revenue from each of your opportunities.
- Marketing Management: Conduct marketing campaigns, track the performance of the campaigns, and then collect the campaign responses. Lets you conduct email marketing campaigns right from within the Dynamics CRM and can also calculate the ROI of your marketing campaigns using inbuilt reports.
- Customer Service: Dynamics CRM enables you to perform your customer service operations better with more accurate data. You can keep track of all your customer issues in a single place and serve them better. Knowledge Base (KB) in the application will help customer service agents to pull issue-related information and troubleshoot issues faster.
- Contract Management: It can define and keep track of contracts for customer service projects for both B2B and B2C types of businesses. Businesses can manage their customer contracts and update customers to renew contracts easier.
What are the limitations of Microsoft Dynamics 365?
- Heavily Industry based solution: MD365 is an industry leader when it comes to Warehouse and Fleet management. When it comes to logistics and storage requirements they are unmatched and continue to innovate. However, this has made it a highly specialized ERP solution that is too rigid to meet the needs of industries that do not rely heavily on their Warehouse and Fleet management capabilities.
- Data storage sold separately: Other leading ERPs offer unlimited storage in their cloud-based environment. However, using MD365 incurs additional costs for storage after a certain point, and this provides a lack of control over storage for the business.
- Not cost-effective: MD365 is not a required investment when it comes to the smaller MSME sector. Its cost of ownership can be high, even for larger businesses. Implementation of MD365 is only sustainable if your business has a large profit margin that can justify such a high expenditure. For larger sector businesses looking for a more cost-effective solution, Accu360 is a more suitable option.